- The new requirement of 15 hours of supervisor training or coursework applies only to NEW supervisors who begin supervising on or after January 1, 2022. The CE course must be no more than two years old. (All of supervisionCEU.com courses were updated Jan. 1, 2022)
- The 15 hours can be taken as a single course, or as multiple courses as long as they add up to at least 15 hours.
- Licensees who are currently supervising do not need to take a 15 hour course even if they have never taken one in the past
- However, 6 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in supervision each renewal cycle is required for old and new supervisors. This is true for supervisors of unlicensed MFTs, ASWs and APCCs who are LMFTs, LCSWs and LPCCs.
- If you have taken a break of 2 or more years from supervising and resume supervising Jan. 1, 2022 who will need 6 hours of supervision training within 60 days of commencing supervision.
- All supervisors must complete a Supervisory Plan (True for ASWs and APCCS in the past, now includes AMFTs)
- All supervisors must complete a written assessment of supervisees’ ongoing strengths and weaknesses every year. This was previously required for ASWs only.
- New required form: Supervision Agreement (replaces the Supervisor Responsibility Statement for new supervisions)
- New required form: Supervisor Self- Assessment Report
These are only a few of the changes. We suggest you visit www.supervisionCEU.com to see detailed outlines of courses that meet the new requirements. We make sure to balance updated legal and regulatory information with interesting clinical supervision content within each course. Our participants say that course material is practical and easily applicable to their supervisory relationships.